Meridian is a small, growing business located in downtown Manhattan, NYC. We specialize in home decor handmade by global artisans in neutral hues and natural textures. We’re passionate about having beautiful and unique items in our homes that reflect our love for travel and handmade craft. We’re a small and friendly team.
STUDIO MANAGER (PART TIME - hourly, 3 days/week with opportunity to grow) | NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Meridian is seeking an organized go-getter who’s looking to grow alongside our startup. This is a part time, freelance, in-person position in our studio space located in the Flatiron neighborhood of downtown Manhattan, New York.
- The Studio Manager will be a critical member of our small team.
- Reporting to the CEO, the Studio Manager will oversee the shipping and receiving department, including the daily management of Fulfillment Associate(s). This includes: scheduling their time, prioritizing the orders and workflow, optimizing the fulfillment process, providing feedback, staying on top of fulfillment supplies inventory, and participating in order fulfillment (packing orders, wrapping breakable items for transport, and processing shipments) and the receiving of shipments and deliveries (unpacking, proper recycling, and their related inventory processing) as needed.
- You’re the perfect fit if you are super organized with time management skills and a sense of humor!
- Contribute to the production of photo and video shoots, including setup and break down, product styling, ideation, shooting, and editing. Participate in meetings and collaborate with marketing team members to create content for social media, emails, advertising, and our website and blog.
- Create content on a daily basis for all of our marketing platforms, and manage online store production process, including the writing of product descriptions, building of new listings, research and implementation of SEO updates, and editing and organizing photos and video
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks as needed, including internet research, creating and implementing systems, monitor email inbox, process returns, provide customer service and inventory management
- Create and optimize Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for business with a goal of documenting everything that we need so that we can grow more efficiently
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Impeccable time management with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Ability to problem solve independently and proactively provide solutions to optimize small business operations
- A positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- A passion for home decor is a major plus
- Ability to use your own iPhone preferred
- Bachelor of Arts
- 3-5 years of project management / operations experience or studio management
- Experience with project management, graphic design and office software including Google documents, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Klaviyo, Canva and Asana.
- Small business or e-commerce experience, and/or experience with product photography or styling, is a definite plus.
This is an hourly position and can expect about 15 hours / week (three full days). This position will grow over time with the right candidate and the opportunities are endless. This is an in-person position at the Meridian office in downtown Manhattan.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll be a key member of our small team
- You’ll be empowered to make important decisions and manage operations and people
- You’ll work alongside our CEO and learn everything about running a mission-driven e-commerce business
- You’ll love our stable work environment, flexibility, and compassion
To Apply: Email hello at MeridianNY dot com with your PDF resume, a short paragraph about your relevant experience and why you’re a good fit. Please use the subject line: Studio Manager + (your name).
FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (PART TIME 15 hours/week with opportunity to grow) | NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Meridian is seeking an organized and responsible Fulfillment Associate who’s looking to grow alongside our startup. Do you love wrapping gifts to look beautiful and that are exciting to open? Are you able to keep details organized while you multitask? If so, this position is for you! This is a part time, freelance, in-person position in our studio space located in the Flatiron neighborhood of downtown Manhattan, New York.
- Assemble boxes, package delicate items with care, and fill boxes according to each order, keeping them organized, tidy, and safe for transport
- Prepare and print shipping labels
- Track shipping material inventory and report any shortages to team
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping pickups, track missing or damaged shipments, and occasionally deliver packages to shipping carrier directly (UPS, USPS, or DHL)
- Receive any carrier deliveries and carefully unpackage each one, clean up recycling according to building requirements, and organize what’s been delivered
- Provide administrative and inventory assistance as required
- Coordinate freight deliveries and receive them either at the Meridian office or nearby storage facility
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
This is an hourly position and can expect about 15 hours (or 3 full days) / week. This position will grow over time with the right candidate. This is an in-person position at the Meridian office in downtown Manhattan.
- High school diploma or GED degree
- 1+ years experience in retail, preferably for a small business or e-commerce based
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
To Apply: Email hello at MeridianNY dot com with your PDF resume, a short paragraph about your relevant experience and why you’re a good fit. Please use the subject line: Fulfillment Associate + (your name).