OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (PART TIME - hourly, 3 days/week with opportunity to grow) | NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Meridian is seeking an organized go-getter who’s looking to grow alongside our startup. This is a part time, freelance, in-person position in our studio space located in the Flatiron neighborhood of downtown Manhattan, New York.
- Support daily operations of small business
- Perform administrative and operations tasks, including product research, creating and implementing operating procedures and systems, monitor email inbox, provide customer service and inventory management
- Oversee the shipping and receiving process, including order fulfillment (packing orders, wrapping breakable items for transport, and processing shipments) and the receiving of shipments and deliveries (unpacking, proper recycling, and their related inventory processing)
- Support creative execution of marketing and sales plans, including photo shoot prep, in-person pop-ups and sales, graphic design projects and social media and email content creation and implementation
- Manage online store production process, including the building of new listings, SEO updates, and photo editing and organization
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Impeccable time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- Bachelor of Arts
- 1-3 years of project management / operations experience
- Experience with project management, graphic design and office software including Google documents, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Klaviyo, Canva and Asana.
- Small business or e-commerce experience, or experience with product photography or styling, is a definite plus.
To Apply: Email hello at MeridianNY dot com with your PDF resume, a short paragraph about your relevant experience and why you’re a good fit. Please use the subject line: Operations Associate + (your name).
FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (PART TIME 7 - 14 hours/week with opportunity to grow) | NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Meridian is seeking an organized and responsible Fulfillment Associate who’s looking to grow alongside our startup. Do you love wrapping gifts to look beautiful and that are exciting to open? Are you able to keep details organized while you multitask? If so, this position is for you! This is a part time, freelance, in-person position in our studio space located in the Flatiron neighborhood of downtown Manhattan, New York.
- Assemble boxes, package delicate items with care, and fill boxes according to each order, keeping them organized, tidy, and safe for transport
- Prepare and print shipping labels
- Track shipping material inventory and report any shortages to team
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping pickups, track missing or damaged shipments, and occasionally deliver packages to shipping carrier directly (UPS, USPS, or DHL)
- Receive any carrier deliveries and carefully unpackage each one, clean up recycling according to building requirements, and organize what’s been delivered
- Provide administrative and inventory assistance as required
- Coordinate freight deliveries and receive them either at the Meridian office or nearby storage facility
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
This is an hourly position and can expect about 7 - 14 hours / week. This position will grow over time with the right candidate. This is an in-person position at the Meridian office in downtown Manhattan.
- High school diploma or GED degree
- 1+ years experience in retail, preferably for a small business or e-commerce based
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
To Apply: Email hello at MeridianNY dot com with your PDF resume, a short paragraph about your relevant experience and why you’re a good fit. Please use the subject line: Fulfillment Associate + (your name).